Friday, August 3, 2012

It has been a few days since our return journey home, and I must say I now appreciate everything at home. It is the little things that make a huge difference, from having constant hot water to internet and cell phone reception. Not saying I didn't have fun on the trip, it was a nice break from all of technology and just to relax, yet I felt as if I had just fallen off the face of the earth.

I am not sure where to continue my story, but it did get better once we had gotten to Washington state. My aunt in Washington did not have any running water due to a bathroom rennovation, so Mom, younger sister and I left a day early and went up to Lake Quinalt, Washington. Our cousins from Palm Springs, California where staying up there and recently purchased a summer cabin for their vacations. No cell phone service or internet, just yourself and nature. It was quite beautiful to just lounge around, lay back on the hammock and just watch the lake.

I was able to wildcraft a bit, a dream of mine since I can't really do so in Arizona. They spray everything with pesticides and it's just to damn hot out.

I had collected some huckleberries and some cedar limbs. The huckleberries where a nice treat, I hadn't had any for a long time! Jazzy, my cousins yellow lab, kept trying to take off with the branches and munch on the berries as well. I took the cedar limbs and made them into somewhat 'sage sticks', just with cedar instead.
My first attempt at making them, I can't wait for them to dry so I can try them out. If they don't work out as well, everything is done with trial and error, yes?
We had also gone to the beach, but it's a stone beach called 'Ruby Beach'. Mom had taken us a few years ago and I wanted to return. We hoped that once we had arrived the cloud covered would have burned off, but it's Washington so that means no. I spent a bit of time stacking stone and just watching the waves roll in. I really wanted to fill a small bottle with the ocean water, but the water was like ice and we did not bring any towels.
It was a beautiful time we had spent up in Washington, and it seemed to end too soon. Hopefully the parents will want to move back and I can join them. I truley miss this place that I call home, where it rains constantly, the trees are old and whisper to each other, where the star shines bright and are visible...

Blessed Be--

No comments:

Post a Comment