Thursday, July 19, 2012

Wand in the Works

Today I spent a great deal of time getting the ornaments for my wand. I probably spent a good 3-4 hours working on it, warming up the clay in my fingers and creating the spirals that would adorn it. I also had bought some flat back crystals and would hid some gaps and some extra ornamentation.

Along with the spirals and small orange crystals, I had found a few clear quartz crystals at a gem shop here in Arizona. I placed a large one at the end and a smaller one on the side.

I was a little leery about actually placing the wand in the oven. What if it caught on fire? What if the wood split? What if the crystals melted? So I lowered the required temp by 30 degrees and lowered the minutes by 10. Every 5 mintues or so I would check on it to see if any disaster might occur.

To my amusement, it did not. I was rather pleased with the outcome and I cannot wait to finish once I return from the long road trip back from Washington.

 I will also be gladly posting more blogs and photos from the trip. My laptop and phone are a must! Mainly my phone is tied to my hip so I can take photos, a digital camera is going to be on my christmas list this year. Not that I need technology all the time but rather it's nice to in the right spot at the right time to get a nice jaw-dropping photo that will be a welcomed memory for years to come. Technology dependency? Not this gal. But sadly in this day and age it is a nessecity versus dependency. I am sure I will rant and rave about that later.

Blessed Be--

No comments:

Post a Comment