Monday, July 9, 2012

A treasure found..

My mom has recently taken the liking to consignment shops. Meaning she can sell some of her old vintage items and house them in a shop where her and the seller make small profit. I love this idea, especially for my mom's sake who happens to collect massive amounts of trinks. And sadly I seem to be treading in the same path. Well, the other day she happened across her old handmade doilies (I am hoping that is the correct spelling...), ones she had as a small child and ones that family members before her hand made. As she sent them on the counter and told me of their soon to be journey over to the shop I haulted her-- I had to have these.

The main reson for me wanting these items were so that not only I would enjoy them, but possibly my successors too. These would make wonderful hand-me-downs for my children (if I ever have any).

So for now, I will use them on my altar and throughout my room, to add some color and flare. There are a few I might switch out depending on the season.

The somewhat moral of this post-- check your mom's hands before she decides to sell treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment