Tuesday, July 17, 2012

More Pages for Book--Inside Look

More pages for Book!--

I just finished staining and enchanting a few more pages for my book! This time I was able to get a few more pages done. I could have done more, but I don't want to mass produce these pages. I want to take my time, making sure that they turn out correctly and feel right.

It is sort of like making bread. Having the right pure ingredients. Then having to put them altogether to the best outcome. And don't forget to add in the extra little something-- Love. I feel like that adds a bit more to my book. It is a reflection of me and my love.

Not trying to get all 'Fluffy Bunny' on the subject but I do feel as if it something that many people forget to add into their daily lives. I suppose I can rant on that later, but here is glimpse into the process of these magickal pages:

The herb selection:  Lavendar, Mugwort and Hibiscus. Be careful with the Hibiscus, it adds a red tinge in to the stain. I like adding just a few small spoonfuls.

I just use Folger's coffee, I drink tea not coffee, so I used my parent's coffee that was available.

Next, I crushed the herb using my motar and pestle, and I loved how the herb just filled the room!

After crushing them I put them in an empty tea bag, I had a little extra so I placed it in a jar for my next batch of pages.
I let them bag soak into the coffee for a while, letting the herbs and coffee infuse. I could start seeing some of the red from the hibiscus I had placed in there and I knew it was time to start painting the pages.

I used a brush that was very fluffy at the end to help suck up all the soaking juices. I could also use a sponge but I feared that might have soaked the pages too much. I will coat one side and then flip and do the other side. I use a cream colored cardstock; the cardstock helps from keeping the paper ripping from being wet and will help the pages in Book last longer than normal thin paper.

My last batch I had made a total of 8 pages. This time I was able to make 14 pages. The reason to this was the garbage bag I used. I used a small white kitchen bag to protect the counter. This time I used an extra large black bag to protect the counter. So I had a larger working area. Once the pages dried, I wiped down the sack and set it outside to dry-- this way I could just reuse the bag. Currently I am redrying out the herbs so that I might use it them for an offering once Book is finished.

I let the paper dry for a few days, I find that after a few hours I can stack them together and place them uncovered in a dry, well vented area. During the drying process, the paper will look kinda funky, but after the paper is fully dried it will have a nice and even color.

So there you have it. An inside look to how the spell paper is made. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Now I am off for some typing to finish the heart of Book.

Blessed Be, my friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment