Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Book Update

Book Update--

I have done atleast 8 pages of 'enchanted parchement'. These pages I will be using to write actually spells in, since the rest of my book will be hand written. (I do plan on adding more, possibly tomorrow.)

Getting ready for the soak.
I used an already dark paper, a cream cardstock. I used cardstock because it is more durable and long lasting than regular printer paper. So these pages will last me awhile.

I put coffee grounds, mugwort, hibiscus, and lavendar in an empty tea pouch and let them soak in a boiling hot water. Letting the herbs infused into the water and coffee helped, along with a prayer, help set the tone for these pages.

I will be blessing an ink that I have to write each of the spells, but this portion I want to save and be the last part that I work in the book. Mainly because I want to take my time and edit any parts in it.

What's in a name--

I have yet to name this book. I know most Wiccans and/or Witches just call theirs 'Book of Shadows'. Although that is traditional, I don't really follow down that path. I feel as if I am still starting out and haven't found my true self yet to be set in ways. I have a lot of pathworking ahead of me...

I have fell in love with a blogger who calls their's 'Book of Cunning' which I love very much. 'Grimoire' is another one...

For now I lovingly call it 'Book', until a name is either drawn to me or I find one that suits it.

Blessed Be!--

2 comments:

  1. Awsome idea for your book~ I'm sure that it will be lovely. I also like the name grimoire better than just "book of shadows". It sounds much fancier. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so too. For now I am still calling it 'Book'. My younger sister laughed and said I sounded like the witch in Hocus Pocus :3

    Hope all is well on your end, blessed be!

    ReplyDelete